// NEwS & EVENTS
- 02 03 2023
Upcoming event season: enhancing safety management with barriers.
As the world adapts to the "new normal" brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, we find ourselves approaching another event season with a focus on safety and health regulations. In a prevention approach, event organizers are taking every precaution to ensure the safety of their attendees, staff, and vendors.
In the pre-pandemic era, we took for granted the close proximity we shared with one another at events, but now social distancing is at the forefront of our minds. Health and safety regulations have become a top priority for event planners and organizers. Proper sanitization, frequent cleaning, and flow management are just a few of the measures that event organizers are implementing to ensure the safety of all attendees.
The ultimate goal is to help keep ourselves and others safe while enjoying the excitement of the event season. For events in public squares, fairs, concerts, conferences, or other gatherings, the use of barriers becomes essential in maintaining order, safety, and managing the flow and distance of people. This is especially true when it comes to containing large crowds. That's why the use of these area delimiters provides the necessary support to manage the situation in the best possible way.
The latest generation of barriers is very helpful thanks to being lightweight and easy to maneuver. These barriers, as usual, are 2 meters long per module and can be hooked together in sequence. This hook is also useful for opening the sequence and providing passage when necessary.
One thing is certain, barriers are part of the strategy when planning events, concerts, conferences, or fairs, ensuring that we meet current safety standards. Mobile safety barriers contain, direct, or protect the public thanks to their stable and firm structure.
Here are some of the key reasons why using barriers in events is so important:
- Crowd control: When large crowds gather, it can be difficult to manage the flow of people and ensure everyone's safety. Barriers can be used to create designated areas for different activities, such as queuing for entry, standing or seating areas, and emergency exits. This helps prevent overcrowding and keeps people from getting too close to hazardous areas.
- Safety hazards: There may be areas within an event space that are unsafe for people to access, such as stage setups, technical areas, or construction zones. Barriers can be used to cordon off these areas and prevent people from accidentally entering them.
- Emergency response: In the event of an emergency such as a fire, earthquake, or terrorist attack, barriers can be used to create clear evacuation routes and prevent panic. They can also be used to keep emergency responders and their vehicles clear of the crowd.
- Protecting performers: For events that feature live performers, barriers can be used to create a buffer zone between the audience and the performers. This not only protects the performers from overzealous fans but also ensures that the audience can enjoy the show safely.
- Social distancing: As we have seen during the COVID-19 pandemic, barriers can be an effective tool for enforcing social distancing guidelines. They can be used to create physical separation between groups of people.
Overall, using barriers is an important aspect of event planning and management. They help ensure the safety of attendees, performers, and emergency responders, and can help prevent accidents and other incidents from occurring.
There are various models of barriers, from the more classic and traditional metal barriers, which are robust and economical but heavy and difficult to store, to reinforced plastic barriers used also on rough terrain. These plastic barriers, thanks to their adjustable feet and lighter weight and ergonomic design, offer ideal conditions if you want to optimize the assembly, disassembly, transport, and storage phases.
That's why Armal offers its own plastic barriers with adjustable feet and a new modular attachment joint that allows for easy installation on all types of terrain. T
Take a look at the product details here and do not forget to plan your order ahead of your event schedule.